- Model: SKLN11, SKLN14, SKLN16, SKLN19, SKLN21, SKLN24
- Capacity: 1 – 15t/h
- Power: Feed motor: 0.75,1.1 Kw; Discharge motor: 0.75, 1.5 Kw; Shake motor: 0.2,0.4 Kw
- Function: Lower the pellets to room temperature
Go to detailed rules for FREE test Raw Materials can be Pelletized
What is a counter-flow cooler used for?
Pellet cooling is a necessary process in the pellet production line. TICO counter-flow cooler can reduce the temperature of pellets from 70℃ ~ 90 ℃ to the room temperature, and lower the moisture to under 12.5%. After cooling, the wood pellets can be packed, stored and transported conveniently.
How does a counter-flow cooler work?
It adopts counter flow as the cooling agent. When you feed the high-heat and high-moisture pellets into the cooler, the surrounding cold wind pass through the pellets vertically and contact with the cooled pellets, and the increasingly hot wind contact with the hot pellets. The wind flows to the opposite direction of pellets, and lower their temperature gradually. It prevents the cold wind contacting directly with the hot pellets, in case they crack when the temperature drops suddenly.
The cold air get into the cooler through the bottom. The inlet area is large, the utilization rate is high, and the cooling effect is good. Counter-flow cooler features low energy consumption and simple operation. It is more efficient than traditional vertical and horizontal types.
Features of counter-flow cooler
- It adopts counter flow cooling principle, with warm and cold wind working together to lower the pellets’ temperature. It protects the pellets from breaking by avoiding their direct contact with the cold wind.
- The feed hopper adopts wind-proof design, which can prevent air or moisture from getting into the cooling chamber.
- It adopts pyramidal material distributer. It can accumulate the pellets in the cooling drum, and avoid insufficient feed of materials in any side.
- Suction system. The cooling drum is closed around, so the cold wind can only get into it through the bottom and pass through the pellets vertically. This design avoid the shortcut or flee of the wind, so as to improve the utilization of the wind.
- It adopts special discharge method. There are a moving frame and a fixed frame. They form a band clearance at the bottom of the cooling drum and ensures uniform discharge.
- The temperature of pellets is less than 5℃ above the room temperature.
Specifications of counter-flow cooler
According to different capacities and power, TICO counter-flow cooler can be classified into 6 types. They are equipped with a feed motor, a discharge motor, a shaker motor, a fan, and a cyclone.
|Model||Capacity (t/h)||Feed motor power||Discharge motor power (kw)||Shaker motor power (kw)||Fan model||Cyclone model||Size L*W*H (mm)||Weight (kg)|